We get lots of questions at the front desk!.
Here’s a list of answers to common ones. But you can always ask more! Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250.755.1755
And remember, LivingForest.com/Daily has tons more info and link that are useful when you’re onsite (directions/maps/phone numbers/free camping contests/office/cafe/laundry/kayak/propane info).
On Site Related Questions:
- What is the big steel wheel?
- Just upstream from the Living Forest, the neighbouring property has an industrial history, having been a concrete plant, a pile driving/barge manufacturing plant, and a storage lot for a company that built docking structures. The big wheel was a remnant of a docking structure called a dolphin. If you look at many BC Ferries terminals, you’ll see them. Turned on their side, these wheels are the frame to hold concrete and timbers to help hold ferries in place at dock, to unload. Who knew?
- How do you use the park WiFi?
- There is free WiFi at two locations in the park: the office and the café patio overlooking the beach area. The first network is LivingForest Office 1 or Living Forest Office 2, password: livingforest. The second network is located at the cafe and is called LivingForestCafe, password:livingforestcafe (shared space so not the place for secure online activity).
- If you would like WiFi at your campsite, visit the office and purchase an access code, which will require the usual login when you open your browser. There are many WiFi nodes throughout the park and our latest upgrade was done in 2017. WiFi in a huge park with hills and trees and RV’s is very challenging for the tech providers, and some areas of the park have stronger signal than others. We currently have the highest upgrade and fastest internet option available. Please let our office staff know at the time of reserving if this is a priority for you so they can help optimize your camping location within the park.
- What coins are needed for the washers and dryers?
- They take $2.50 (2 loonies and 2 quarters) for a wash cycle, which we have estimated at 30 minutes. Dryers take quarters and run 5 minutes for each quarter. Single load soap is available in the office for $0.50, and single load dryer sheets are $0.25.